[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jun 24 08:46:44 CEST 2009

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> Just to give you some examples why I think that even the most simple
> code brings some potential danger with it:
>
> Did you verify that
> - no updates have been made to the database in-between?
> - no versioning or translation layer has been initialized?
> - etc.
>
> Can you be 100% sure about it? I can't.

When I added a cache to the Core I made a mistake and in some scenarios
the result was broken.

Correct caching (what to cache and when) is more complicated than it
looks at first glance. So I agree with Michael that it adding caches is
better left to trunk where things can be tested thoroughly.

Masi