[TYPO3-dev] Correct procedure for updating extension and reviewed status?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 22 09:07:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sorry for cross posting this, but after I posted this in the
extension-coordination list I realised that the traffic there was
extremely low. The exteval list has been declared dead by the team. So
all in all I felt that this group might be the one with the right
knowledge...

I am about to update automaketemplate (my employer is owner of the key).
The only changes so far: I applied an ancient patch for using the SINGLE
tags and copied the manual to the new template.

I am a bit unsure about how to publish the update taking into account:
1. there is a project on forge (yes, we're member of the team)
2. the extension is marked 'reviewed'
3. the extension is widely used and for many people "mission critical"

So far I've planned to
1. submit changes to svn trunk
2. mark a new version in svn
3. upload to TER (version in ext_emconf.php is really updated
automagically?)
4. get review status back (how???)

I realize that at least for a while the manual will not be available
online (and if the new version can not be processed it will be
unavailable even longer).

Can anyone give some advice on how to get everything arranged as fast as
possible for this extension?

Thanks in advance!

--
Jigal van Hemert.