[TYPO3-dev] Removing "enable extension without reviews" checkbox

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Jun 17 21:41:58 CEST 2009

Imagine following third scenario!

User A & User B

Scenario 3: (merge of scenario 1 and 2)

A: Hey B; I wanted to install powermail but EM told me it's not
available. But I've seen it on typo3.org.
B: Yeah, I guess I know why it failed. Did you un-check "reviewed only"
in EM?
A: No, why should I do that?
B: Some time ago it was planned that every extension will be reviewed
but it's a huge task. Only few elderly extension versions are reviewed.
A: But if I un-check "reviewed only" nobody had a look on those
extensions. Am I safe to install?
B: Yeah, uncheck and please always have a look in the code that you are
going to install. Also try to install stable versions only, check out
comments!