[TYPO3-dev] Removing "enable extension without reviews" checkbox

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 16 14:10:47 CEST 2009

>> So for making it easier on new users (or forgetful ones like me), we
>> could remove that checkbox (or at least enable it by default).
>
> -1
>
> It tells the integrator to be a bit careful about what (s)he installs.
> I can imagine that there may be legal implications too (in some
> countries), since the extensions are offered by the typo3.org TER.

Even if it's not about legal implications, there are three options, that
make sense:

a) remove it and tell the people: Nothing is reviewed, everything might be
dangerous (not very good see c) )
b) leave it but unchecked by default and tell people: Some extensions are
reliable because they are reviewed, the rest might be dangerous, so proceed
at own risk.
c) leave a checkbox telling the people: Everything might be dangerous, so
proceed at own risk.

The checkbox is something like the famous "I Agree" button, but if it will
be there it has to be actively clicked by the user, to make sure he was
informed about the risk. Otherwise users might try to file a law suit
against the T3A, because the box was activated without their knwoledge,
which would be bad anyway regardless of its outcome

Any votes?

+1 for c

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian