[TYPO3-dev] Removing "enable extension without reviews" checkbox

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Jun 14 23:05:35 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Susanne Moog <typo3 at susannemoog.de>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009 18:43:13
An:         typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-dev]  Removing "enable extension without reviews"
checkbox
> Hey everyone,
>
> I just stumbled upon this bug report
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11325 and wanted to discuss this first.
>
> There are only a few reviewed extensions in the repository so everyone
> starting fresh with TYPO3, not knowing that there is that checkbox, will
> only get very few results when searching for an extension with the
> extension manager.
>
> So for making it easier on new users (or forgetful ones like me), we
> could remove that checkbox (or at least enable it by default).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
>
> Susanne

Hy Susanne,

I do not agree.
I propose to move the Option on the pages where it's relevant.
So it's clear beeing an option and every ADMIN-user can't forget it.

I agree that's a bit inpracticable having to call an extra page but I
hope that some standards also for reviewing extensions are build in future.
Due the fact that the development-status is set by the developer himself
and not by a team with clear standards the rewiew-status is the only one
which is a bit objective.

Best Regards
David