[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] RFC: #11249: Clean up: Deprecation clean-up in tslib_content::getData()

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 10 09:29:49 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote:
>>> Revert the deprecated-part in #10357 or leave it and commit #11249?
>>
>> revert the deprecated part from in #10357 - keep TS stable!
>
> And what should we make of "global" which is marked as deprecated in
> TSref since 3.8?

If a feature has enough flaws that you don't want anybody to use it
anymore something should become deprecated. Yes, it might break code in
future versions when it is removed completely.

I think that the start screen in the BE should warn the admin for such
things, just like it warns for an unlocked install tool, etc.

--
Jigal van Hemert.