[TYPO3-dev] t3lib_TCEmain: quotes around column names

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 10 09:21:36 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

>> Maybe it would be a good idea to quote all column names with backticks
>> to avoid such problems. What do you think?
>
> I think it is better not to use reserved keywords...

Maybe we should all get access to your crystal ball ;-)

How are developers supposed to avoid the reserved keywords of all DBMSs
that TYPO3 will ever support of all future versions of these DMBSs? MySQL
advices to use backticks around column names to make queries future proof
(regarding reserved keywords).

(I hope that the content storage engine of TYPO3 v5 will have its own
mechanism to avoid such problems and extensions will never have to build
SQL queries directly...)

--
Jigal van Hemert.