[TYPO3-dev] Website optimization with cache expiration

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Fri Jun 5 14:24:57 CEST 2009

Hi *,

I tested my TYPO3 site with the new Google Page Speed (or I tested Page
Speed with my TYPO3 site, just how you want) and it claimed that all my
graphics are missing a cache expiration.

This applies to files from fileadmin/ just like for generated files in
typo3temp/.

For testing in typo3temp/pics/ I created a .htaccess file:

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/gif A3592000
ExpiresByType image/png A3592000
ExpiresByType image/jpg A3592000

But Page Speed still claims that it has no cache expiration.

Taking a look at the Network module of Firebug confirms this:

Response-Header
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:19:27 GMT
Server HTTPD
Last-Modified Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:01:38 GMT
Etag "994ac-2713-46b9623e02080"
Accept-Ranges bytes
Content-Length 10003
Keep-Alive timeout=5, max=92