[TYPO3-dev] Empty line at beginning of frontend output = validator fails

Susanne Moog s.moog at neusta.de
Tue Jun 2 09:54:39 CEST 2009

Hey Steffen,

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 01.06.2009 19:37 Susanne Moog wrote:
>> When trying to validate a page I get an error because the xml
>> declaration is not the first line but the second (the first one is empty).
>>

> it's an IE quirksmode bug workaround.
>
> use config.doctypeSwitch = 1

that just switches the doctype declaration and the xml prologue. In my
version they are in the correct order but the first line is empty like:

"

<! DOCTYPE ...>
"

That doesn't validate because of the empty line. When I'm back at home
this evening I'll have to investigate where that line comes from.

Thanks for your help.

Susanne