[TYPO3-dev] The concept behind the model-array?

Walter Seeberger walk2moon at gmx.de
Wed Jul 29 14:51:19 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

sorry, this was in the wrong mailing list.

I am trying to deal with the lib/div-components to have a new extension.
Now I am having a problem to work with my model, I don't got the idea behind the registry-area of a model class...

Ok, I query the db and register the values:

$result = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery($fields, $tables, $where, $groupBy, $orderBy);
                if($result) {
                        while($row = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
                                $entry = new tx_lib_object($row);
                                $this->append($entry);
                        }
                }

Now, I am able to print out the stuff through my views and templates.
Fine. But how can I deal with some other queries in this model? I can't register more records in this way:

$this->set('foo','bar');

after my query... There is something with parameters for different query, but I do not understand that.

You may help me?
Thank you.

Walter