[TYPO3-dev] einfachen User Login in einer Session speichern?

Gerhard Mehsel sparking at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 09:45:36 CEST 2009

Hello,
yes, sorry in English, of course :-)

I'm developing a small extension which needs to authenticate users. This
users do not belong to FE users nor to BE users. Their usernames and
passwords are stored in an extra database table from my extension.

I need to login a user and store some user information within a session,
so that I can access this information throughout the site.
As long as I know does TYPO3 store the session data in the TYPO3
database, not in the filesystem like a "normal" PHP session does by default.
I want to set the user data like this:
  $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->setKey("user","password", 12346);

My question: is this kind of TYPO3 session save enough to put the
username and password in it or should I store this information in an
other way?

Thank you and have a nice time,
Gerd