[TYPO3-dev] Removing "enable extension without reviews" checkbox

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sat Jul 18 13:12:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

Susanne Moog schrieb:

> What do you think?

maybe we should remove the checkbox since it's not very transparent for
the integrator what happening there. But to make sure that everyone
knows what he's doing we should maybe just have a message during the
import/update of a extension.

So if you're about to import an extension which has no security-review
we could just show a message like "You're going to install a version of
the extension xyz which has no security review. Do you want to proceed?"

And you could also extend this text - if someone is going to import an
extension with know security issues the message could be something like
this "You're going to install a version of the extension xyz which has
know security vulnerabilities. Do you want to proceed?"

Also other information e.g. explaining what "Alpha", "Beta" and "Stable"
mean would be good at this point -> "You're about to install a alpha
version of this extension - Alpha-Releases are not meant to be used
within any public installation"...

This way you make it completely transparent for the integrator.

Best regards,
Tolleiv

--
www.tolleiv.de