[TYPO3-dev] Static tables missing countries

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Thu Jul 16 19:30:54 CEST 2009

Ries van Twisk a écrit :

> it's just that a lot of people call Scotland a country for example, so
> as England
> and that we where surprised that it wasn't found in static_countries,
> but 'logical' (and that depends on who is looking) from a ISO pint of view.
>
> It is just that not everybody can be happy with the current list, of
> political
> reasons, also like what Francois pointed out.
>
> Personally I was just wondering what the list was based of, and as Rudy
> pointed
> out it's an list based on ISO.
>
> So to make my own project happy, I will create my own countries list
> and not base it on ISO...

Even if static_info_tables is based on ISO, it would still be possible
to add additional countries and leave the iso fields empty. Each
extension developer must decide by himself which data of
static_info_tables he wants to use.
This extension is just a collection of data. I think in some cases, e.g.
in sports matters, it would be helpful to have the countries England,
Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland added. Does also the address say
Scotland and not United Kingdom?

Send me the data for it as email and I can add it, if nobody opposes.

- Franz