[TYPO3-dev] Deprecating "mainpalette" property of TCA['ctrl']

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Jul 16 10:54:52 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote:

Hi Francois,

> I just discovered the "mainpalette" property  [...]
> However I find this mechanism disturbing

Hey, I wasn't aware of that mainpalette thing at all ;)
I agree that it's apparently not working as expected.
And I just found out that the main palette is actually rendered _after_
the "getMainFields_postProcess" hook is executed (don't know whether
this is intended though).

I'm just thinking.. Couldn't we, instead of removing this feature, make
it work properly?
E.g. in the case of tabs I could imagine the main palette being a sticky
area outside of the tab container.. just an adventurous thought ;)

 > - modify the tt_content TCA (and maybe other core tables[...])

It's used in "be_users", "tt_content" and "pages_language_overlay"

Bastian