[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-german] typo3 4.2.8 und php 5.3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jul 13 07:18:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Steffen Ritter wrote:
>> what do you think about it?
>> Is it "Bugfix" stuff?
>
> well I think we need to decide in general here whether we want to add
> support for PHP5.3 to 4.2 at all... whether it's worth it, how fast
> PHP5.3 will spread, what it takes to achieve compatibility...

As 4.2 is supposed to last for starting from end of August officially 1
year but certainly a bit more, I guess 4.2 should be made compatible
with PHP 5.3. I don't think that it'll be a huge effort to fix the
errors that appear. But someone should start evaluating the work.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en