[TYPO3-dev] New search extension based on ht://dig

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Jul 12 22:28:48 CEST 2009

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

Hi Jigal and all,

> Does it support access restricted pages and content (like indexed_search
> does)? This is a major disadvantage of for example Mnogosearch (which is
> also an external (external as in "not inside TYPO3") search engine).

Sorry for a little hijacking and advertising here, but it might be
interesting for you ;)

We're currently working on a search engine based on Apache Solr which
does respect the access restrictions and also handles multi language
sites. It's currently in private development, but we'll have a birds of
a feather session at T3CON09 Frankfurt and we also plan to have a public
release later this year.

Currently implemented features include:

* FE indexing
* searching (of course)
* page browser
* sorting of results
* spell checker / did you mean (no other tool than Solr needed)
* respects access restrictions
* faceted search!!
* easy installation (install Tomcat and Solr, install the extension, set
the Solr URL in the extension TS, set config.index_enable = 1, be done
with it.)
* auto suggest
* highlighting
* no DB queries when presenting the results -> fast
* EXT:commerce integration
* and more

planned features

* More like this (place a MLT plugin on a page and get links to pages
with similar content, usefull especially for shops)
* BE module for easy administration and statistics
* reuse of statistics data in FE to create tag clouds of popular searches
* EXT:tt_news integration
* and more

If you're interested in early access feel free to contact me about the
details.

all the best
Ingo

--