[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] New TYPO3 Coding Guidelines

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jul 11 11:19:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

> thanks for the new CGL. The first thing I expected was an up-to-date
> reference of how the new MVC-Extensions should be structured (recarding
> directories and files) but it only contains a reference for old-style
> extensions.
> (http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/4.3.0/view/1/2/#id4631123)
>
> Why?

When the new CGLs were designed, ExtBase was not even on the radar yet.
Then, when they were near publishing we decided not to make heavy
modifications which would have caused yet more postponing.

But now that this new version has been released a first time it will
definitely get improved and expanded.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter