[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] New TYPO3 Coding Guidelines

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jul 10 18:00:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Thanks for those clear words.

You're welcome.

> I think it's kinda hard for developers who have been writing a certain
> style of codefor a frickin long time to adapt to some parts of the new CGL.

I fully agree with that, I had the same problem when I started writing
my first core patches. But being able to abide by the rules is also what
makes someone a good team member ;-)

> Anyways... I just wanted to say that I understand both sides of the
> story and think it might help if the reasons for changed were put
> together (as soon as those who dislike parts of te CGL ask for it - no
> need to comment on everything :))

Can't help you there. I wasn't really part of the CGLs makeover, so I
don't know the reasons for the various changes. I mostly took care that
they get published eventually :-)

Cheers

--

Francois Suter