[TYPO3-dev] Memory Consumption of IRRE

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Thu Jul 9 21:25:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I created a simple extension with a 1:n relation:

1 Category can hold n Products.

A product contains 10 RTE-fields.

The relation is build with a inline-TCA-definition
- tx_extension_category.products

This works perfect, but ...
as soon as there are around 10 products associated to a category it takes a long time to open the category.

If the count of products reaches 18 and I try to open a category the memory consumption of firefox
climbs up to over 1GB before doesn't react anymore.

Is this a known behavior of IRRE?

Can I use another technique, than inline to have the same saving-behavior? (in the category-table I have the amount of products in the field product
and in the product-table I have the category-uid in the field category, because I use the TCA-inline-option "foreign_field").

Thanks a lot in advance

Joerg