[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011505: TYPO3 4.3 is slower than 4.2.8 -> re-implement native db caching

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Jul 9 09:47:30 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> thx for outsourcing this to dev.
> My impression is that most of the time the exts are parsed for the
> localconfs. The page delivery may be fast, but this file operations take
> a long time. I have to examine this.

Take a look at #11474 and #11745.
I add a setting in EM_CONF to disable loading unneeded ext_tables and
ext_localconf from BE extensions for example.
I generate temp_cached_HASH.php files like before but also generate
temp_cached_FE_HASH.php for loading in the FE.
These files are 1/4 in a blank install thus speeding up frontend rendring.

> And yes - i quickly outputted the parse time in index_ts.php which shows
>  complete parse time. For cache related i should use own timers in code
> to isolate cache only. But as the patched version saved some ms it's
> obvious that it speeds it up a bit.

We will start working on a tarball delivering a testing installation so
all benchmarks are made upon common ground.

cheers
Mathias

--
TYPO3 certified interogator