[TYPO3-dev] Re: [TYPO3-core] New TYPO3 Coding Guidelines

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 8 09:18:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

> stuff, but a shame and confusing that typo3.org cannot show the correct
> indents. It kinda makes the entire document become "blurry" and should
> someway be corrected.
>
> If TYPO3 cannot handle it in the RTE (I should think it can) it should
> at least be noted that the indents in the online version is not correct
> and one of the other formats should be used to get the right indents.

Yes, it's a shame, but it has nothing to do with the RTE. The CGLs are
written like every other manual in Open Office. The SXW file is then
transformed to HTML by extension ter_doc.

The problem is that (if you look at the HTML source code) a block of
"Preformatted Text" from OpenOffice is transformed is rendered with a
<pre> tag around each code line and not around the whole block. One of
the many things that could be improved in ter_doc, but we need longer
days...

Anyway such documents are meant to be looked at in SXW or PDF format (a
PDF version is provided in extension doc_core_cgl). The HTML rendering
is a convenience (which doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved, but you
need to buy me a bag of extra time ;-) ).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter