[TYPO3-dev] Sorting of fe_groups

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jul 6 15:50:20 CEST 2009

> If i get it right, you want to change the order in the acces group
> field from the tt_content TCA.
>
> If so you need to  change the TCA for tt_content, not for fe_groups.
>
> You will have to add a foreign_table_where like this:
>
> $TCA['tt_content']['columns']['fe_group']['config']
> ['foreign_table_where'] => 'ORDER BY fe_users.title',

IMHO we should make this the default beaviour for the usergroup field of
each table (not just pages and tt_content).
This way we could avoid stuff like

1,2,3,4,5
2,3,4,1,5
5,3,2,1,4

for different records, making it easier to find records with identical
usergroups attached AND reducing the number of possible variants in the
caching tables.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian