[TYPO3-dev] New search extension based on ht://dig

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Mon Jul 6 15:22:12 CEST 2009

Hello,

We have developed a new search extension which uses ht://dig to index
and search sites and have just uploaded it to the repository. This
extension is a bridge between TYPO3 and the ht://dig search system.

ht://dig is a search system which can index and search multiple websites
and includes fizzy search, standard robot exclusion (robots.txt, Meta
tag headers, etc), file indexing, etc.

We added a "Did you mean...?" option using the pspell PHP extension to
the extension. It also has several hooks so you can extend it easilly.

Unfortunately the site we developed it for is still under construction,
so we can't show the results yet, but if you have a server with ht://dig
installed (it's in the standard repository of Ubuntu, so very easy to
install if you're running that) please give it a try and let me know
what you think.

You can find it at
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/htdig/current/

Regards,