[TYPO3-dev] Unit tests and method visibility

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Sun Jul 5 23:09:17 CEST 2009

Hi Francois!

One solution would be to create a test-class which extends the class
you're trying to test and declare the protected method within there as
public.

I think I once read that there is a possibility to access private and
protected stuff via Reflection for testing but couldn't find the
information now.

If you want to get some inspiration on unit tests with TYPO3 you may
want to take a look at the extensions oelib and seminars. We gathered
quite a lot experience with unit tests and TYPO3 extensions.

Greets,

Niels