[TYPO3-dev] typoLink() further tuning

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jul 1 17:23:07 CEST 2009

JoH asenau schrieb:
>>> What's wrong with
>>> typolink.parameter = #
>>> that is already linking to the current page?
>> '#' could also be used. More essential to the idea is that it can be
>> rendered with less effort (a lot of processing is not needed anymore).
>> So, whether it's "self", "this" or "#", the speed improvement is the
>> essence of the idea.
>
> It's not just an idea but the current behaviour of the typolink function in
> TYPO3 4.2.6:
>
> typolink.parameter = 123#456
> will link to element 456 on page 123
>
> typolink.parameter = #456
> will link to element 456 on the current page
>
> typolink.parameter = #
> will link to the current page
>
> so nothing new to introduce since the speed improvement is already there :-)

What does this prove? The point was that the typolink code should not
make any checks or other processings if linking to the same page. Your
just stating that it doesn't need a "this" or "self" keyword to do it.

So typolink() must only compare the link id with TSFE->id to determine
if any checks are necessary. But... don't we have a cache for this kind
of check already in typolink()?

Masi