[TYPO3-dev] pi_getFFvalue don't return an array (?)

Olivier Laurent olivier at trynisis.com
Fri Feb 27 17:02:37 CET 2009

Hello again,

I'm currently trying to fix a problem but I fail to find the relevant
doc over the web.
I guess this is simple for someone out there :-):
while using pi_getFFvalue:
When there is a single value, It works...Once there several values, all
I got is the total not an array.

$piFlexForm = $this->cObj->data['pi_flexform'];
$cat_include=$this->
pi_getFFvalue($this->cObj->data['pi_flexform'],'catID');
$cat_include is a total and not an array
(if there five listed items, it will return 5 but not the uids of the
listed items which are the things I really need)

      <catID>
       <TCEforms>
        <exclude>1</exclude>

<label>LLL:EXT:doclibrary/locallang_db.php:tx_doclibrary_files.includecategories</label>
        <config>
         <type>group</type>
         <internal_type>db</internal_type>
         <allowed>tx_doclibrary_categories</allowed>
         <size>5</size>
         <maxitems>10</maxitems>
         <minitems>0</minitems>
         <show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
        </config>
       </TCEforms>
      </catID>

What am I doing wrong? I feel like there is a missing piece of code but
I can't find it in my book (TYPO3 Extension development), nor over the web.