[TYPO3-dev] TCEform using the same table twice

Olivier Laurent olivier at trynisis.com
Fri Feb 27 14:01:07 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm currently working on my first plugin so far so good, looks like it
is going ways faster than expected :-)
I'm currently working on the TCEform (?) using flexform. And I've got a
problem.

I've got two groups pointing to the same table: include_categories,
exclude_categories.
example:
      <include_categories>
       <TCEforms>
        <exclude>1</exclude>

<label>LLL:EXT:doclibrary/locallang_db.php:tx_doclibrary_files.includecategories</label>
        <config>
         <type>group</type>
         <internal_type>db</internal_type>
         <allowed>tx_doclibrary_categories</allowed>
         <size>5</size>
         <maxitems>10</maxitems>
         <minitems>0</minitems>
         <show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
        </config>
       </TCEforms>
      </include_categories>
      <exclude_categories>
       <TCEforms>
        <exclude>1</exclude>

<label>LLL:EXT:doclibrary/locallang_db.php:tx_doclibrary_files.excludecategories</label>
        <config>
         <type>group</type>
         <internal_type>db</internal_type>
         <allowed>tx_doclibrary_categories</allowed>
         <size>5</size>
         <maxitems>10</maxitems>
         <minitems>0</minitems>
         <show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
        </config>
       </TCEforms>
      </exclude_categories>

The form renders correctly but once I save it, the two values are merged
and both groups show the same value. So I guess there one reference has
been saved. Is there a work around?

Thx,
Olivier