[TYPO3-dev] Who needs "Extended view" option in list module?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sat Feb 21 20:56:30 CET 2009

Hi Ingo and *

> I run my browser windows at 1024 even though having a bigger screen, but
> still enable the extended view. A resolution less than 1024 is not
> common today anyway and it's also kinda hard to work with the BE with
> less than 1024. Do you agree? ;)

I do. And I have another thing to say: If you display some additional fields, they all end up after the icon which makes
it hard to read them at times, because once you are at the right end of a table row you cannot see in which row you are
(unsufficient contrast in highlight color, we had the discussion for 4.2) or you are not even able to see the first col
of the row even if the pagetree is collapsed.

Possible improvements:

- Put the additional fields before the icons.
- Use a COLOR (not grey!) for hovering. Make it orange or whatever you like. Which color it should be in the next
generation t3skin can be discussed later.
- Do not crop stuff to death and do not use nobreak but use a fixed (px/em) for title columns. Thus the rows will not be
of equal width anymore, but at least it gives us the chance to see what we need to see and having smaller columns.

My next 5 cents, Uschi