[TYPO3-dev] Who needs "Extended view" option in list module?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Feb 21 18:29:12 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Many ordinary users do. I think we should keep this option in place. Geeks
> always enabled it by many ordinary editors do not. Give them frredom :)

I think they do so because they don't know how easy it could be.
One of the first things I teach in trainings is to activate extended view.

IMHO "normal" view looks like sth. is missing - there is so much unused
space on the screen..
Always displaying the icons is a speedup as users don't always have to wait
for the click menu. Furthermore having icons is more intuitive than let
casual users always search for how to get the menu..

This isn't configurable using setup.override, right?

If we can't decide to enable by default, I'm for an option for User TS.
What's your opinion?

Steffen