[TYPO3-dev] Who needs "Extended view" option in list module?

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat Feb 21 16:37:27 CET 2009

Hi,

there are still some list module patches floating around in core list,
and I will post some updates there next days.

I would also like to solve #8567 and friends regarding the options at
the bottom of the list module: I would like to see some pageTS switches
to blind those options and to apply default values to them.

To streamline the options a bit, and in companion with Steffens #10515 I
ask your opinion about removing the "Extended view" option in total and
enable it by default: Who does not enable this option and use the list
view without the additional icons? Are there any good reasons to not
remove this option? I personally found myself enabling this option for
all installations, and also support tells this to customers.

Another small thing: If a translator is bound to some languages, does it
make sense to hide the "Language view" option and enable it for those
users by default?

Regards
Christian