[TYPO3-dev] devlog severities

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Feb 19 13:31:13 CET 2009

Steffen,

I think it's important to describe the error messages much like what
you di,
with a simple add on.

This is what I use:

Info: Information messages that are normaly during runtime: Example:
User xxx Was logged in.......... Saved file bla bla bla on XXXX
Notice:Notice messages are fine during runtime, but shows some
condition. Exampled: File XXX was to big for upload......... USer XXX
supplied wrong password
Warning: Recoverable (from a programming point of view) errors:
Example: Disk size is getting small...... User XXXX has tried to login
10 time with a wrong password..... image magick not found, using XXXX
function instead
fatal:Anything that cannot be recovered from and normal program flow
cannot continue: Example: Fatal, connection to the DB cannot be
established.... Fatal: cannot save file no disk space

OK For me is much like a info

I hope the examples give to right explanation to clarify the message..

Ries