[TYPO3-dev] devlog severities

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Feb 19 12:44:50 CET 2009

On 19.02.2009 11:39 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Müller wrote:
>> IMHO the labels are not very precise which leads to arbitrary use and
>> interpretation.
>
> It depends on you what you consider info or warning or error...

Of course the choice of severity will always depends on how the
developer considers the impact of a situation.

My idea was to deliver a basic description of severities as consensus.
This helps developers when choosing a severity and raises the
reliability of severities in general.

Imagine we have three developers, each writing some code which catches
wrong TS setup. One developer chooses Notice, another Info, another
Warning as severity. That's unavoidable, but could be minimized, if
there would be guide about using severities.

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/