[TYPO3-dev] CSC and ContentRendering Team

Susanne Moog s.moog at neusta.de
Wed Feb 18 13:53:05 CET 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Denyer Ec schrieb:
>> I guess the first step would be to catalog all the CE's generated by
>> CSC, then come up with a proposed new markup structure for them. From
>> there it wouldn't be too much trouble for an experienced developer (He
>> says, neatly sidestepping the firing squad...) to implement them. The
>> extension could be optional, as suggested, though I don't know how
>> many 3rd party extensions rely on the CSC markup structure for correct
>> operation. I'd hope none *depend* on it, but my instincts say
>> otherwise.
>
> It's not the extensions but the site TS/CSS that depends on it. If you
> change the markup the site's CSS will break. If you change the TS some
> configuration options won't work anymore.

That is one point of my pending in corelist patch to split CSC TS in
version depending templates, so that one can easily include an older
rendering version for not breaking any website but can also easily
implement new features and rendering methods in the current version of a
template. It sure is not perfect, but I think a fully new extension for
CR would be 1) more work and 2) not easily accepted, as too many sites
and developers know and work with CSC.

Regards,

Susanne