[TYPO3-dev] cli_dispatch and inserted records

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 18 10:53:26 CET 2009

Hi,

I've just changed an extension I made (mail2news) to make the cronjob run
through cli_dispatch and as backend user _cli_user. I expected the records
inserted by the cronjob to show up in the history/undo and the log module as
being inserted by _cli_user, but this doesn't happen, they dont show up there at
all.

The records are now inserted through $TYPO3_DB->exec_INSERTquery. Is that the
right method for this purpose? And should I still specify the cruser_id in the
inserts, or does TYPO3 already know that the script runs as _cli_user?

Loek