[TYPO3-dev] Problem with UTF-8 TS include files

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Feb 17 20:16:25 CET 2009

Hi,

>>> Are the files written on Windows? Then the very first bytes could be a
>>> byte order mark (BOM).
>
> Could well be, I'm currently (and exceptionnally ;-) ) working in a
> Windows environment.

I remember now that my files were in UTF8 too. But I did not edit them
on Windows. I used first ISO-8859-1 and then switched to UTF8 and as I
noticed that TemplaVoilà had problems having the website in UTF8 while
having templates in ISO-8859-1 (it did not interpret well accentuated
letters I had which is normal btw), I reencode all my files to UTF8 using

$ iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 source.html > dest.html

on a Linux machine.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en