[TYPO3-dev] Problem with UTF-8 TS include files

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Feb 17 17:15:30 CET 2009

Hi Francois,

> I just found out that if you use the INCLUDE directive to include a TS
> file (in the case I tested, a User TSconfig) the first line is lost when
> the file is encoded in UTF-8. Indeed that first line contains an invalid
> character and is thus skipped by the TS parser.
>
> I'm not sure how this could be solved since AFAIK there's no foolproof
> method of detecting if a file is UTF-8 encoded or not. Any ideas?

I had this problem once and opened a bug but I could not find out that
it was UTF-8 related:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9963

I think you may enhance my (small) bug reports with what you found or
open a new bug report and relate to mine in order to close mine?

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html