[TYPO3-dev] New pictures for the manual in the help-module. Any hints? Further help is appreciated

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sun Feb 15 08:27:18 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I am perfectly willing to help with screenshots, but ...

1) Unfortunately this is not a question of simply updating some screenshots because sometimes (I cannot remember where
right now) the text is referring to the screenshots.
2) In quite a few cases the csh texts are neither helpful to admins/sitedevelopers because they simply state something
like 'What happens is entirely up to the configuration of your site'. I still remember that this frustrated me a lot
when I started to learn T3.
3) Currently you can have only a very limited amount of html inside csh, which is bad for readability, and you can not
place the screenshots into the right context somehow.

There were plans to revamp csh for 4.3, but unfortunately this did not happen yet, because afaik TCEForms needs to be
revamped first. For what the HCI team thinks please see http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/hci/New_CSH-System.

As revising those csh texts and screenshots is quite a lot of work I would prefer to wait until something has been done
at least in terms of html inside csh. What do you think?

Have a nice rest of the weekend, Uschi