[TYPO3-dev] Why are usernames converted to lowercase?

Christopher christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Fri Feb 13 11:26:32 CET 2009

Hi!

"Joerg Klein" schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to use nomal names as usernames, but TYPO3 always converts
> them to lowercase, so that e.g. "Martin" becomes "martin".

I had the same problem with backend-users some days ago.
For your convenience I have uploaded my solution to TER as an extension:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cs_capital_be_usernames/current/

It enables you to have case-sensitive usernames for the backend.
Just install the extension; nothing else is needed.
After that, capital letters in BE-usernames are allowed.

Kind regards

Christopher