[TYPO3-dev] Severe error caused by "solution" of session fixation bug

Christopher Lörken christopher at loerken.net
Fri Feb 6 15:39:07 CET 2009

Marcus Krause schrieb:
> I see your point. Could you file a bug entry like "Check for existing
> session records does not consider IP locks"!

Done:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10365

I am still quite uncomfortable with limiting the solution to a mere IP
lock check since it will not solve the problem for sites that have it
disabled...

Maybe there are better ways to provide new users with a unique
identifier... md5 prefixed by a timestamp for instance...

A random value simply isn't good enough for high traffic websites.