[TYPO3-dev] extJS library

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:25:32 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:

> If you open http://www.calis.lv/, does it work slowly for you? Over 80% of the page content is generated by TYPO3 through ExtJS. You can also click "Forumi" there, this is ExtJS-enabled forum. If you want to post something, make sure you use "Tests" forum. There is no English there but it is more or less traditional in layout.

Your comments motivated me to go back and check ExtJS more
specifically. The forum you posted to, when loaded in a new and single
instance of Firefox seemed just fine, as did the ExtJS example (Once
the assets had loaded from their remote server, which over this slow
connection gave the initial impression of poor performance BUT, once
cached, everything was fine.)
I was too hasty to lambast ExtJS it seems, though I would like to
explore what would be considered a "Heavyweight" ExtJS application
just to put my mind at ease.

GMail's JS performance on the other hand remains deplorable in FF2.x,
though that is not the concern of anyone interested in ExtJS! (So long
as they don't intend to operate a JS UI when they have GMail open in
another tab... ;))

Kindr regards,
Denyer
------