[TYPO3-dev] plans for 4.2 end of life

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 13:50:20 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> yes he did, he introduced an extended page_unavailable-handler.
> I think there is still room for enhancement though :-)

This is not what the "maintainance mode" is. Normally this mode is activated by a checkbox that forces FE to show some static HTML unconditionally. There is no database access from FE, no TSFE instantiation, etc. Just plain static HTML page shown in FE at the earliest possible moment of FE initialization.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team