[TYPO3-dev] plans for 4.2 end of life

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 12:18:36 CET 2009

Hi!

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] wrote:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5370 was a report - the one youve
> closed as not relevant due to an unprecise description, you remember?

Yes.

> I was talking about the issue today, dan osipov and others confirmed
> server crashes, several people tried to explain that - at least with
> mysql 5.0.3x, which is in production where ever i look - using truncate
> will solve the issue.
> ries showed up with a imho great idea for an implementation in t3lib_db
> and we ended up in "We keep 4.2 as is".

Correct. There is no bug report about server crash. If the bug report does not exist, there is nothing to fix. I actually become a bit irritated. You could spend time much better by making such bug report and setting its priority to high. Instead you argue here for the second day to reopen another bug report and cause us to argue with you instead of fixing bugs.

Do you mind creating a new bug report? If yes, please, do. You will help us and others. If not, there is no point discussing it further. It is unproductive loss of time.

>> and provide a way for us to reproduce the bug.
> leting you take down an in production server just to see the obvious?
> nope. dont think so ;)

If we can't reproduce the bug, how can we test the fix?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team