[TYPO3-dev] plans for 4.2 end of life

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 12:11:50 CET 2009

Hi!

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] wrote:
> nope - im still talking about t3lib_tcemain->clear_cacheCmd("all") -
> regardless where its triggered from - locking cache_* tables while
> select and insert statements get cued until the server is gone.

That issue is not about clear_cacheCmd. It is about changing DELETE to TRUNCATE. That issue is no longer relevant because TYPO3 4.3 will do truncate.

> id personaly prefer the idea that ries came up with today, but the basic
> question that #5370 is about is excactly the same - not differen.

May be it is not different for you. But as developers we must keep a clear record of the fixed issues. Fixing crash in Web>Template using the bug report which says "change DELETE to TRUNCATE" is not a "clear record".

Description in the bug report must describe the symptoms of the problem and how to reproduce it. When the patch is available, people will attempt to reproduce the problem by following the description from the bug report. Therefore we cannot fix a Web>Template problem using "change DELETE to TRUNCATE" description. We fixed "change DELETE to TRUNCATE" in TYPO3 4.3. So this particular bug is fixed for 4.3! "DELETE to TRUNCATE" is fixed! MySQL crash is not fixed but it has nothing to with the original bug report. It must be reported separately.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team