[TYPO3-dev] How standard compliant is "truncate"?

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2009 at t3sec.info
Fri Feb 6 03:06:21 CET 2009

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] schrieb am 02/05/2009 04:50 PM Uhr:
> lol - given.
> but as for clear all cache: not rebuilt indexes are no drawback, right?
>
> still in the hope to lead this discussion to a productive result ;)

I don't want to hurt you, but if MySQL crashes for DELETE * FROM...,
then I consider it as MySQL bug that might be resolved by a workaround
in TYPO3.

To bring it to a productive result:
Either modify TYPO3 source code yourself for TYPO3 v4.2 or put MySQL
proxy [1] between TYPO3 and the DB that transparently rewrites "DELETE *
FROM x" statements.

What do you think?

Marcus.

[1] http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy