[TYPO3-dev] extJS library

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Thu Feb 5 20:42:18 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Thomas Allmer schrieb:
>> [...]
>> This here inspired me to write a little article as I don't think you
>> really need multi-language support in javascript if you do proper
>> progressive enhancement.
>>
>> http://www.delusionworld.com/webdev/progressive-enhancement/

IF you do proper progressive enhancement

> yes there is a reason: extJS widgets use internal labels, eg the
> paginator of grid. These labels are in the language packs of extJS, have
> a look to the core files.

pagination you mean for example this?
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/paging.html

The article is about progressive enhancement and if you look at the
source code of this example - I'm sorry to say but this has nothing to
do with progressive enhancement.
Only one <div id="topic-grid"></div> and everything else is done in
javascript - without js you see nothing (so you don't write html anymore
just js?)

Sorry but I don't like this approach (that's why I'm not so into ext -
its just my personal opinion, don't get offended). Maybe you have an
example where it's done with some html code?

just a quick thought (with progressive enhancement):
     ..

so the labels are here "ascending and descending", just fetch it from
there :p
it would even work without javascript :)

If you don't like my approach or you don't care about progressive
enhancement (I don't know who need it anyway? *hehe*) just ignore my posts.

cheers