[TYPO3-dev] License issues

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 5 17:12:13 CET 2009

Hi!

Oliver Leitner wrote:
> what would be so special bout extJS anyways, that we couldnt live without it?

Lots of UI widgets that save us a lot of development time. All core development happens in core team member's free time. No one pays for it. As a result spending this precious time on duplicating code from other framework would be very ......not clever..... thing. So we do use third-party products in TYPO3. It allows us to focus on TYPO3 development instead of reinventing a wheel for the hundred time :)

If you are interested what can be done with ExtJS, here is an article from my blog:
http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/ajax_portal_with_typo3/

There is a demo.

--
Dmitry Dulepov