[TYPO3-dev] How standard compliant is "truncate"?

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Thu Feb 5 16:18:55 CET 2009

 > Yes. TYPO3 4.3 uses TRUNCATE for cache tables.
thats good news but once again:

Youve closed the core related ticket
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5370 containing the clear statement "I
have seen a TYPO3 website go down completely, because of cleaning the
cache or updating the TS code.", which i can definately confirm, since
we had the same worst case scenario more than once, with the final note
"Closing the issue because it is no longer relevant".

 From my point of view, its no less then a maximum credible accident if
an application is able to shutdown an in production server by point and
click and definately anything but "not relevant".

Im sure, at least I hope, that I misunderstood you somehow.

cheers
pekue