[TYPO3-dev] Inconsistent naming of methods to fetch GET/POST vars all over T3

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Feb 5 11:52:35 CET 2009

Hi.

On 05.02.2009 09:36 Franz Koch wrote:

> for me it's quite confusing to find the correct syntax for retrieving
> GET/POST values in various situations. For "gettext" values in TS you
> need to use "GPvar:stuff" and for TS conditions it's just "GP" or
> "_GET"/"_POST" (which are not documented) to retrieve a value from
> $_GET/$_POST.

_GET / _POST in TS conditions? IMHO only GP does work here.

> Even more confusing is, that t3lib_div::GPvar is now deprecated in TYPO3
> 4.3 and t3lib_div::_GP should be used, but the gettext syntax is still
> "GPvar".

Easy to fix. I added a bug with patch. See:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10357

Could you please add some text for TSref getText to the bug comments? I
do not have the time atm.

> How do you feel about that? Should this be cleaned up, aliases with
> consistent naming be provided and old names be defined as deprecated?

PHP throws a warning if things are deprecated, but TS?

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/