[TYPO3-dev] extJS library

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 5 09:11:03 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> as i brought the "#10144: enable JS-Libs in BE" to core list i would
> like to enable language support there. but this is only for the labels
> coming from extJS, eg the paginator for grids.
>
> The idea here was something that generates the labels dynamic with php
> as inline JS ready to use, like
> Ext.lang{
>   label.ok = "OK",
>   label.cancel = "cancel"
> }

ExtJS recommends to do it differently... For example, object should have:

====================
TYPO3.TCEForms.date = Ext.extend(...., function() {
	label_badDate: 'Bad date',
});
====================

And localized version:

====================
TYPO3_TCEForms.date.nl = {
	label_bad_date = 'Lorem ipsum'
};

$dateField = new TYPO3.TCEForms.date({ .... });
Ext.apply($dateField, TYPO3.TCEForms.date.nl, {});

Names for label properties are not standardized. I am not sure if we can use this whole approach. It is worth doing it like ExtJS recommends but we have to evaluate of it is convenient for us.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team