[TYPO3-dev] Bugtracker - What is it good for?

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Wed Feb 4 08:47:23 CET 2009

Hey yall,

what i feel noticeable about the handling of the BT is that there seem
to be better chances to get a more or less useless but waaaayyyy coooool
feature into the core than a bloody damned bug fixed, performance
improved or other boring routine business done.
humanly im not unsympathetic with that, but i doubt that featurism leads
to the goals.

What about that:
could there be some sort of rule that helps to get bugs fixed and
improvement of existing features and code done first?
Like "no features until existing and *acknowledged* or *assigned* bugs
are *not closed* that *has patch* and is *pending in core list*"?

every now and again a new feature done instead of fixing a bug
introduces another bug.
the feature cant be used, the unfixed bug remains and thats:
  one step forward, two steps back.

less features - more reliability
just my 2cnt
pekue